Local Lead Agency for Housing
Supportive housing is a program to link clients to safe and affordable community-based housing. Eligible clients also have the opportunity for additional support and guidance to advocate for tenant rights while living in their home.
The Basic Principles of Supportive Housing Include:
- Support services are offered to promote independent living and help consumers find, get, and keep housing.
- Support services are client-driven, individually tailored, flexible and are primarily provided in vivo, e.g. in the consumer’s home.
- Ongoing, regular communication must occur between service provides, property managers, and tenants to ensure that tenants remain successfully housed by resolving any difficulties and preventing eviction.
The Initiative is part of the NM Behavioral Health Purchasing Collaborative’s Supportive Housing Plan to create permanent supportive housing or special needs housing for individuals or families in NM who could benefit from affordable housing with supportive services.
MUST be a current client or become a client of the Guidance Center of Lea County to receive support services and receive assistance with housing.
To qualify for a Special Needs housing apartment, ALL applicants must meet the following criteria: Must have income at or below 50% of area median income for Lea County.
Copies of the following items are required to be turned in with your completed application:
- ID’s for everyone over the age of 18 years old
- Social Security Cards for all household members
- Birth certificates of all household members
- Proof of all income listed on the application (ISD, TANF, CASH Assistance, Food Stamps, Child Support, VA, SS Disability, SSI, Social Security, Pensions, Alimony, etc.)
- Current award and benefit letters are required.
- YOU MUST HAVE AN INCOME to qualify for the Special Needs Housing Program
- Cannot have any felony convictions in the past 5 years of completing probation and parole.
- If you just got off probation and parole for a felony charge, you have to wait 5 years after you complete probation of parole.
- Everyone who is going to live with you must be listed on the application and include all their personal information
Only applications submitted with all required documents will be accepted. Applications that are not complete, will not be added to the waitlist.
Housing Partners in Lea County:
PARK PLACE APARTMENTS (Affordable Housing & GCLC)
920 E Michigan Dr.
NEW LEAF APARTMENTS (Affordable Housing & GCLC)
1601 E Marland St
LA PRADERA APARTMENTS (Affordable Housing & GCLC)
1023 E Glorie_a Dr.
AVALON COVE APARTMENTS
1200 E Broadway St.
WILLOW BEND APARTMENTS (Tax Credit)
1000 N Maryland Blvd
SUMMERWIND TERRACE TOWNHOMES
16 Stonecrest Ct
SUNRISE HOMES APARTMENTS
1515 E. Scharbauer St.
Skyview Terrace Apartments (Affordable Housing)
3600 N. Skyview St
FOUR SEASONS APARTMENTS (Sec_on 8)
2405 N Jefferson St.
WASHINGTON PLACE APARTMENTS (HUD)
1405 E Marland St.
HOBBS APARTMENTS (HUD)
2001 E Marland St.
200 N Jefferson
REX ARMS (HUD)
110 E Corbe_ St #2
BEL AIRE APARTMENTS
2021 N Jefferson St.
LA PLAYA ESCONDIDA (Affordable Housing & GCLC)
1021 E. Yeso
PARKSIDE TERRACE APARTMENTS (Affordable Housing & GCLC)
300 E. White St.