Copies of the following items need to be turned in with your completed application:
- ID’s for everyone over the age of 18 years old
- SS Cards for all household members
- Birth certificates of all household members
- All proofs of income that is listed in the application that you’re receiving (ISD,
- TANF, CASH Assistance, Food Stamps, Child Support, VA, SS Disability, SSI, Social Security, Pensions, Alimony, any types of income in that list of application) you will need current updated award and benefit letters
- YOU MUST HAVE AN INCOME to qualify for the Special Needs Housing Program
- Cannot have any felony convictions in the past 5 years of completing probation and parole. If you just got off probation and parole for a felony charge, you have to wait 5 years after you complete probation of parole.
- Everyone who is going to live with you must be listed on the application and include all their personal information
All these items have to be turned in with the application is not complete. It will not do you any good to turn your
application in without all these items, because you cannot be added to the waitlist.
The Initiative is part of the NM Behavioral Health Purchasing Collaborative’s Supportive Housing Plan to create permanent supportive housing or special needs housing for individuals or families in NM who could benefit from affordable housing with supportive services.
MUST be a current client or become a client of the Guidance Center of Lea County to receive support services and receive assistance with housing.
To qualify for a Special Needs housing apartment, ALL applicants must meet the following criteria: Must have income at or below 50% of area median income for Lea County.
Housing Partners in Lea County:
PARK PLACE APARTMENTS (Affordable Housing & GCLC)
920 E Michigan Dr.
NEW LEAF APARTMENTS (Affordable Housing & GCLC)
1601 E Marland St
LA PRADERA APARTMENTS (Affordable Housing & GCLC)
1023 E Glorie_a Dr.
AVALON COVE APARTMENTS
1200 E Broadway St.
WILLOW BEND APARTMENTS (Tax Credit)
1000 N Maryland Blvd
SUMMERWIND TERRACE TOWNHOMES
16 Stonecrest Ct
SUNRISE HOMES APARTMENTS
1515 E. Scharbauer St.
Skyview Terrace Apartments (Affordable Housing)
3600 N. Skyview St
FOUR SEASONS APARTMENTS (Sec_on 8)
2405 N Jefferson St.
WASHINGTON PLACE APARTMENTS (HUD)
1405 E Marland St.
HOBBS APARTMENTS (HUD)
2001 E Marland St.
200 N Jefferson
REX ARMS (HUD)
110 E Corbe_ St #2
BEL AIRE APARTMENTS
2021 N Jefferson St.
LA PLAYA ESCONDIDA (Affordable Housing & GCLC)
1021 E. Yeso
PARKSIDE TERRACE APARTMENTS (Affordable Housing & GCLC)
300 E. White St.
The Basic Principles of
Supportive Housing Include:
a. Support services are offered to promote independent
living and help consumers find, get, and keep housing
b. Support services are client-driven, individually tailored,
flexible and are primarily provided in vivo, e.g. in the
c. Ongoing, regular communication must occur between
service provides, property managers, and tenants to
ensure that tenants remain successfully housed by
resolving any difficulties and preventing eviction.